Monday, June 1, 2015

Getting Started: An Update


So, any progress you ask?

Most days, I'd say yes. (And I've definitely learned a few lessons along the way!)

There's less....

FRANTIC, FRAZZLED, FRUSTRATED.

And more of a...

relaxed, calmer, simpler approach to life.

So, what did I learn? What would I suggest you do first if you're looking to simplify your life?

My “official” first step of identifying the important things in life was key. (Thank you, Leo Babauta!) Yes, each day starts with a list of must-do, need-to-finish, have-to-get started-on items. Life's like that. But each day also starts with planning times during my day to incorporate “the important things”: family and friends; health; learning; creating; contributing.

No, I don't get to do all five every day. I tried at the beginning but found that added stress trying to fit everything in. After reading T is for Tilting: A-Z of Simple Living by Brooke McAlary, however, I realized it's okay. As long as my life includes those five aspects over the course of the week, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment